Saturday

Polly in Captivity

Oh Polly. Pretty Polly. How captivating you are. How captive you are now. Your celeb-fixation and fame-lust; an OK Magazine column inch here, a commissioned Heat article there. Dinner parties with Claire Sweeney. Empty Stardom, my dear. Empty. Fucking. Stardom. A saccharine life. This is YOUR OWN lifestyle mag photoshoot, Polly. An eternal editorial on your beautiful existence. Don’t forget to smile. For this is the end.

I have to cut you and your child, you understand. You DO understand that, don’t you sweet P? I know you had a soft spot for Calum, so I promise that you will meet him before the end. My little favour to you. I know you marvelled my celebrity status at killing Eamonn Holmes when I snuck onto the Celebrity Camping tv set all that time ago, but I also know that you do love me for other reasons. It was YOU who called my agent when I was first released from the Millfleet Corrective Institute, remember? And I gave Quicklime first access to my thoughts and plans. Because it was YOU I was talking to, and you alone.

No one else would have done. Because I KNEW you before my crimes were known by the law. We had a bond already – you had come into the shop one day and bought a pair of leather boots. Size 6. I don’t think you remember that (?). I followed you for miles that day. Even right up to your flat on the Quay. Your beauty stunned me…shook me to my core. You are my angel, Polly, and I am truly sorry that I must now pluck your wings, so you can never fly from my heart again.

Abandon all hope now, for this is the end.



Leon
[Roaming WAN]